The church of Ancaelle. Located about 3 km from S. Arcangelo, it is a treasure chest, rich in history and art. The origins of the church are attested by its name, traceable to that process of syncretism in which paganism and Christianity coexisted united by the continuity of the sacred. The etymology of the name dates back to the Etruscan Ancaru, to be linked to the Ancaria goddess Etruscan fertility. And in fact, in the inner wall of the apse, there is an Etruscan memorial stone with a phallic representation. The travertine base of the holy water font and a stone bas-relief of a Byzantine Agnus Dei date back to the early Christian period. In the basin of the apse, there is a frescoed Templar cross, while a metal one is above the bell tower. Always frescoed in the apse there are the crucifixion scenes of the thirteenth century and a beautiful St. Sebastian of 1409. Always from the thirteenth century, there is a bell that is located on the bell tower dedicated to the Madonna. Above the altar, there is a beautiful 13th century panel depicting the Madonna and Child in Byzantine style (which recalls the Marzolini triptych preserved at the National Gallery of Umbria, coming from the temple church of S. Bevignate). The painter Giovan Battista Caporali frescoed the main altar with some saints, including St. Joseph who holds a thread with attached the St. Ring preserved in the Cathedral Church of Perugia, surely painted in memory of the passage of the German friar Winterio who in 1473 had stolen the holy ring from Chiusi to bring it to Perugia. Over the centuries this church suffered considerable damage caused by the floods due to the increase in the waters of the lake, interrupted around the year 1520-22 with the construction of the outlet (the outlet is located about 2 km from the church, in the town of S. Savino) wanted by Braccio Fortebraccio (about 3 km towards Chiusi there is the Osteria di Braccio town, an ancient construction perhaps to be reconnected to the commander). The church once owned by Benedictine (linked to the ancient Monastery of St. Archangel), passed in 1471 to the College of Wisdom of Perugia (University of Perugia), in fact, we find carved in stone the emblem of the college so we also find the coat of arms of the municipality of Perugia to seal the bond that binds this church to the city of Perugia and indirectly to the Trasimeno.