PERUGIA. VIA DEI PRIORI.
ORATORY OF 'SAN BERNARDINO'
Oratory of ‘San Bernardino’. Built in honor of Bernardino da Siena, who often preached in the square in front of the Franciscan basilica, it was completed in 1452. It has a simple gabled structure with a twin portal and can be seen next to the church of San Francesco al Prato. The Oratory is known for the facade covered by the polychrome bas-reliefs of Agostino di Duccio, executed between 1457-1461 which make it one of the most significant examples of Renaissance art in Perugia.