Auditorium of Santa Cecilia. Located in the Historic Center of Perugia, it is the only Baroque monument of the city (together with the adjacent Church of San Filippo Neri). Born at the initiative of the Filipino Fathers, who needed a place for oratory exercises and musical performances, the Oratory was built in just three years from 1687 to 1690. From the moment of its foundation and throughout the eighteenth century, Santa Cecilia lived its period of maximum splendor as evidenced by the rich catalogue of oratories performed there. In the nineteenth century it went through a long period of abandonment and only in the second half of the twentieth century, stripped of all the sacred furnishings and traditional furnishings, it was reduced to a theater for film screenings. Only now, after years of closure and abandonment, the recent restoration works wanted and carried out by the Municipal Administration have brought to light this authentic jewel of Baroque architecture, allowing it to be reopened to the public. The orchestra of the Auditorium of Santa Cecilia has a central plan (or Greek cross) where concave parts alternate with convex parts. In the concave wall located in front of the entrance, there are two doors (on the left – dressing room and services, on the right – emergency exit and office) in the middle of which is placed the stage surmounted by a canvas depicting the Madonna with the child and Santa Cecilia di Carlo Lamparelli di Spello of 1688. A double ledge identifies two orders of stages. The Auditorium is surmounted by a large and bright dome. The recent restoration has taken into account its original function as a place dedicated to musical activities and together has projected the old Oratory towards a new concept of the use of spaces for artistic purposes.