The Tower of Sciri seems to have been able to pass through the centuries unscathed, both because of the prestige of the ancient Oddi family, which had its dominions in this part of the city, and because the municipal statute of 1342 introduced the prohibition to destroy or damage all the towers without distinction. In 1476 Pope Sixtus IV also imposed pecuniary penalties and even excommunication, for those who had demolished the towers of the city of Perugia, considered its most beautiful ornament.About the origins of the tower, it is hypothesized that it was born towards the end of the thirteenth century, as a private tower of a palace owned by the Oddi, who kept it until 1483. Following the bloody clashes with the Baglioni, in October 1488, the Oddi had to leave the city. The Sciri, taking advantage of the situation, became owners of the turreted palace, and they are still remembered today in the name of the tower itself.The coat of arms of the Sciri, carved in bas-relief above the entrance of the tower, depicts a toothed band shield surmounted by a helmet with swirls, having a rooster’s foot as a crest. On the sides the letters N and I attributable to Nicolaus Iacobi of the Sciri, who lived between the end of the 1400s and the beginning of the 1500s. On the north side of the tower, about 10 meters from the ground, another coat of arms is visible, with a shield and a rampant lion, abraded, attributable to the Oddi family.In the second half of the 17th century, the tower and the building were donated by Countess Caterina Penna Degli Oddi to Sister Lucia Tartaglini da Cortona, who founded a boarding school for poor girls. The building housed a convent, under the direction of the priests of the Oratory of San Filippo Neri, until 2011, when the building became the property of ATER and the tower of the Municipality of Perugia. The tower has undergone a major restoration completed in 2015.